It's been a while since I've posted so get ready for an eye full of my family's adventures. Liam took this picture when we dropped Ray off so he could leave to NTC training. The kids get so excited to see Daddy in his uniform...........I have to admit I like it too.

We love you Daddy!!

This is Liam's birthday cake. He HAD to have a Halo cake so this is what I came up with. It was pretty simple, but he thought it was AWESOME!!

This was my practice cake. I was getting a feel for Cream Cheese Frosting. This is what I'll be using on the wedding cake soon (for Eric's wedding). The frosting is sooooo good, but so sticky it made it difficult to frost the cake. This will be a challenge.

This is our sweet little Ehlana. She is at that age where she can't keep her hands off of anything. She, especially, likes to dig in the diaper bag. She found the gum and my wallet and threw it around. Then, began to chew what she could before I caught her.

This is just the funniest picture. I had to stick it in here. Kids are so entertaining.

Play time with the cousins. When we went to Texas we went to the Children's science center and played till we dropped. Being with family is such fun.

Here are the newly weds coming out of the temple. Eric and Andrea. Of course, Adara claimed the flowers just as they came out the door.

Here is Ray's family......finally all together.

Here is the final product. Ray and I had to slap this cake together in 2 1/2 hours. The wedding was 3 hours away from the reception. That was a miracle. I've never done a cake so fast. Without Ray it wouldn't have happened. He did all of the prepping and I just slapped the goo frosting on. We are a great team.

Cut it already so we can eat!! Just bite a chunk out of the top if you want.

It's no fun if you aren't a little messy.

The first dance.

Roswyn and Jeremy dancing. They were so cute. Look at that cheesy grin.

Before we left Texas we went blueberry picking. I was going to die if we didn't come home with blueberries. It was so much fun.......until the heat got to the little ones. Then, we had to hurry up and go buy blueberry ice cream. That made it all better.

Also, before we left Texas we had a little Birthday/Anniversary party. Ray was born on his parents 1st anniversary. It was fun and we had more cake. Needless to say, this cake was harder to eat because everyone was pretty caked out. This was a few days after the wedding.

FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER DAD SMILED AT THE CAMARA. He always turns the other way. This is a moment in history that will be very hard to repeat........and since I got so lucky to get him to agree to this, Mom had to turn her head at the last moment. Now I have to try to get another one so I can hang it up on my wall. This just isn't portrait style. Thanks anyway Dad. I REALLY appreciate your willingness.

Here we are fishing and Ray has to catch the most fish. This is a funny irony since Ray does not prefer to fish.......ever. We fish when we visit Grandpa because it's his favorite thing to do and our kids love to go with him. They ask him to take them every time we visit. We really appreciate Daddy's willingness to do things he doesn't like just to be with the family. We love you.

My pictures are a bit mixed. Here is Liam, Adara and Kael in the Parthanon in Nashville.

This is the huge statue of Athena inside the Parthanon.

We took a quick trip home to Clint, Tx and Grandpa taught the kids how to do archery. They loved it. Liam did a great job.

Kael was posing so I thought I'd join him since I'm always missing in the pictures.

Adara did pretty well also. I was impressed.

Kael, for as young as he is, was great with the bow and arrow. They all seem like naturals.

Before I came home, we had to do our favorite tradition. Make a bon fire and roast marshmallows. Smore are soooooooooooo Yummy!!

Grandpa was burning weeds and Kael was trying to help. He usually ends up just playing around. He's such a tease.

Here we are at the Parthanon with Grandma.

Grandma, Grandpa, Ray and Ehlana. Man, the Parthanon is one enormous building.

Our little family. The Park around the Parthanon is breathtaking. The perfect place for pictures. It was a hot, sweltering day. We ran for air conditioning when we were done with pic's.

Hi Grandma Wallace.

Here is a better picture...except Kael is always doing something funny in our pictures. He loves looking at this and explaining that he was looking through binoculars.

I love Ray. He's such a wonderful husband and Father.

Nikki came over to visit. She is such a traveler. That was awesome that she came by. It's like our old teen sleepovers all over again......with kids. They had tons of fun playing too.

Here are Nikki's and my kids. Liam, Ruby, Adara, Jade. Bottom: Ehlana and Kael.
Well, this is a sad end to the blog. Here, Ray is being dropped of to deploy to Afghanistan. I'm thankful for any man or woman who is willing to fight for freedom. Thanks to all and thank you, Ray, for your service. I love you and will always be waiting for you.
9 comments:
Nice pics of the fam!!! I am jelous.... I want to go to visit the folks also!!!
Nice to read your updates. I really need to call you sometime! I miss you guys. So Ray is gone now too, huh? I hope you're doing alright. I'm going to try and call you soon! Take care.
What a beautiful family you have! I loved all the pictures and updates. I especially like how you ended this blog entry:-) It takes more then a special person to fight for our freedom! You guys will be in my prayers;-)
I really enjoyed seeing this update. You guys are a special family that we will never forget here in the Flat Rock Ward in Georgia. Keep up your great attitude and spirit Janelle. You are a great inspiration to me!
Ellie does the same thing with my wallet and gum!! too funny. PLEASE call any time you need it. It's always like we never missed a beat every time our kids "allow" us to talk on the phone! hahahha. we will be praying for Ray and for you guys. Let me know when you want to meet in the middle for a road trip!
Oh, Jan. I love you so much and my heart is broken for you. The girls and I hold Ray in high esteem for the love and time he gave to our little family when life was so unpredictable and scary. He stepped in to love them when they needed a dad and they bawled right alongside me tonight. We love you and have prayed for him and your family for years. My little sis, I wish I could take all of this pain from you. The road ahead is not the fairytale we dreamed of as girls...and Ray was truly your Prince Charming. We are going to help you through this.
Jan, my mom gave me the shocking news this morning. I am crying for you, I am praying for you. I can only imagine how hard this will be for a while. I hope you are able to feel comfort and love from Heaven and everyone around you. Here is something helped me through rough times: http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?hideNav=1&locale=0&sourceId=2fd5a0ad4843d110VgnVCM100000176f620a____&vgnextoid=f318118dd536c010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD
love,
Heather
Janelle, you are an amazing person - I hope there are many angels helping your family right now. (((hugs))) and love to your sweet family.
Sister Wallace,
I doubt you remember me, but I was a missionary in your ward in Copperas Cove back when you were primary president. I heard about this tragedy, and it breaks my heart. I just want you to know that I'm fasting for you and your sweet family right now. In part, I'm fasting that your kids will remember their daddy and never feel fatherless as they grow up. I hope for them to feel Heavenly Father helping you to raise them in the hard years ahead.
Love, Malia (Sister Horton)
Post a Comment