Tuesday, June 02, 2009

So I took Adara out shopping one day and we happened to pass by a rack of BRIGHT PINK dresses. Could we just pass by and get to the diapers.....NOOOOO. She had to jump up and down like she won a beauty pagent and was gasping while explaining how beautiful it was and that it was so pretty pink and how I had to buy it for her. I told her I would think about and she carried it around the whole store until I gave in. At least I know she will wear it until she can't zip it up anymore. Well, it might look like she jumped in a pig pen before that happens since she wants to wear it all the time.
Kael was so tired at the end of one day that he passed out on the floor. So, Ray mentions that he looked like he was dead and went to find the chalk. "I got that darn varmint." He got such a kick out of this and Kael has no idea this ever took place. We put him in bed then took the next picture.
Look at that cheesy grin.
The kids wanted a picture in front of our messy garage. Check out all of those boxes. Where is all of that junk going to go? Oddly enough, we've been here for 2 weeks now and the garage is the cleanest room in the house. The rest is getting there.
Adara is bumming a ride off her Dad. Who wouldn't when you're that young. Poor Ray, he's pooped. He and Chris (my bro.) had to unload our heaviest furniture.....the entertainment center. That's only a quarter of it on the left. It's a heavy beggar.
Holy Cow!! I don't know what Adara was thinking. It was pretty hot and humid outside and she wants to put on winter garb. All that was going through her mind is.............FASHION. The things girls do to be fashionable.
Uncle Chris is currently my kids' favorite uncle simply because he would play with them. Kael wouldn't play unless he was on Chris' back. Liam just wanted to get wet and Adara got wet then went back in the house. How does that feel Chris? In your face!!!
This is the house we are renting. It is so nice to have some room finally. On post housing was a bit tight, but we were lucky to find this place. The only problem is that it is bigger......that means more to clean......a whole lot more to mow (1 acre to be exact. With a pushing lawn mower.) That kind of bites, but it is good exercise. There are some neighbor kids who go around mowing lawns when they need money.......sadly they haven't come around this week.
Me and Ehlana just hanging out.
I had to get a picture of the kids trying to copy their Daddy doing his situps. It was pretty darn funny.
Who is that mysterious man behind the mask? Kael found a mask that kids would never play with, but fought over when he came out with it on. He wouldn't take it off or share. No way Jose. He just chased the others around growling at them.
Hail the Octoprotector of Mom. What a cutie. He would growl when the others tried to come over.
Okay so this picture won't rotate for me. Well, just lean your head over to your right shoulder. The kids are playing in the ultimate toy.......THE BOX!! The only fun part about unpacking. All of the leftover boxes to jump in, on, and anything else you can think of.

Well, that's what we are up to these days. We've been in Tennesse for 2 weeks now and are loving it. It's so green and it rains. Can you tell we've always lived in dry, hot places. Sadly we have allergies here too. I was hoping that would all disappear. Oh well, you can't win them all. We are missing all of our friends from Ft. Benning. We were only there for 11 months, but made some of the best of friends. Good luck to all. We hope to see everyone again somewhere down the road.

7 comments:

The Crew said...

It's SO good to see some pictures of you guys! Sarah just left on Monday and Melinda and I are just beside ourselves:( We just hope we will all be at the same place again someday! The house is beautiful! I will call you know that I know you are settled.

Liz Hedges said...

I'm so glad things are going so good for you. That chalk outline was hilarious. Love the house. Have fun in your new chapter of life. Miss you guys.

thesearlesociety said...

Nice house! I've been meaning to call you back, just haven't gotten around to it yet, but I will. Miss you guys tons! Chelsea always wants to got on a walk to "Dawahs"! I sent you another invite to our blog, but if you didn't get it email me and let me know so I can send it again.

Heather said...

Glad to see that you had your baby and that she is healthy and well. Cute house too. I really like the pink dress as well.

Wallace Clan said...

Glad to hear you are enjoying your new beautiful home. It's nice to be able to write blogs to let others enjoy.

Sommers Funny Farm!! said...

Adara has grown so much. She looks so much older than when we last saw her. Ilhana looks JUST LIKE RAY!! I saw her pics and it was CRAZY how she resembles him. She is sooo cute and looks so smiley and happy. We sure miss you guys.

BlondieAngel said...

Kael and the chalk outline will be a good one to share when he is older! I love the pink dress, I would do the same about now considering I have been looking for a pretty pink dress that I can wear to church, not having much luck.